Saturday, March 5, 2011

Daily Declutter Challenge #27- Top of the Fridge

At only 5 ft 2 & 3/4" I can't see the top of my fridge.  One time, one of our very tall friends was over for supper and I realized his head stood higher than my refrigerator.  I said to him, somewhat embarrassed, "You can probably tell it's been a long time since I've cleaned the top of my fridge." To which he answered, "It's been a long time since ANYBODY has cleaned the top of their fridge!"

Like this picture.

To be fair to myself, most of the stuff up here was crafty items that I didn't want my four year old getting into.  But since I have been reorganizing my cupboards I had some some space freed up, so it was all safely put away.  Also, do you notice another pen that escaped my Pen Gathering?

It was time for a clean sweep!  Everything got put away in proper spots, and the grime wiped away.  This was one of the quickest declutters yet!


 My goal now is never to put anything on top of my fridge.  It looks too cluttery, and also blocks the cabinet doors.  So, if you're ever over at my house, and see something on the top of of there....give me the shakey fist!

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me Lynn- yesterday I sorted out my kitchen drawers, which haven't been done since we moved here 1 1/2 years ago and threw everything in straight out of the boxes! My real proud moment though was last Sunday. I knew that a board meeting for our church would be happening on Monday night in our kitchen, which makes making lunches a bit awkward, so Sunday night, I made 6 lunches at once, 3 for Monday and 3 for Tuesday. I loved not having to make lunches Monday night during the board meeting. I did it again Tuesday night - made 6 lunches instead of 3, and on Wednesday night, the time I would normally have spent making lunches, I used to prepare dinner in the crock pot for Thursday's supper - in the morning I just pulled it out of the fridge and plugged it in, and went to work laughing at my brilliance. I find your blog inspiring, because sometimes we just need to spend an extra minute actually thinking about what we're doing, and there is usually a more efficient way. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cluttered fridge is about the equivalent of my cleaned fridge. I really need to get it organised. I have removed a lot of stuff, but there's more to relocate, I just can't figure out where to put it.

    ReplyDelete