Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crafting for the Clueless - Warm Scarf to Cozy Pillow

There is no Sunday Stew Special today, since we had sandwiches after the morning service with our church family.  Instead I offer you another "Crafting for the Clueless".   I have a super soft, extra warm, gorgeous, bamboo knit, striped scarf that I really, really love.  The problem is it's too warm.  (I know - aren't scarves supposed to be warm?)  It was time to decide whether to get rid of it or repurpose.  I decided the material was so soft and cozy that I could make a pillow for my bed.

BEFORE:

I repurposed an old, flattened pillow by ripping it open, re-fluffling the fibres, and then sewing it into another case.  Next, I folded the scarf in half with the frayed ends touching, hand stitched the two open sides, stuffed the pillow inside, and simply tied the ends shut.  If I ever need to wash the scarf, I can easily untie it and remove the pillow.

AFTER:


It's really meant for my bed, but my family keeps stealing it to snuggle with on the couch!


I did this in one evening last week while watching "Pride and Prejudice".  (One of my favourite movies btw!)



Linking to these parties - so much inspiration from everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I bet it's nice and cozy! I found you from Skip to My Lou. I would love for you to check out my blog!

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Your scarf was definitely too pretty to just give away!

    ReplyDelete